Saturday, March 19, 2011

Vijayawada Trip

Vijayawada trip

Date : 5-3-2011
Place : Vijayawada
People : Megarajan and Raghavendra

Another day, Another Marriage, this time in Vijayawada.

There is something interesting about caves and I heard there were many caves around vijayawada. Hence the plan was to see as many of them as possible.
These were the ones I had in mind.

[1] Undavalli caves
[2] Mogalrajapuram caves
[3] Akkanna and Madana caves

But I was able to see only Undavalli caves in this trip and I had to miss the others.

Undavalli caves

The undavalli caves were just outside of vijayawada and were well maintained by the ASI.

Photobucket

Description of the undavalli caves

Photobucket

Old Telugu Inscriptions in the cave

Photobucket

Brahma and other associated gods.

Photobucket

anantasayana perumal

Photobucket

Greenery around the caves :

Photobucket

Garuda ;

Photobucket

Not sure who these people are , but they keep a constant watch.

Photobucket


Amaravathi stupa :

In my last trip , I missed this one and I expected a lot out of this. But it turned out be a damp squib with nothing more than a mound.

This is a buddha statue currently being built to make amaravathi more prominent in the buddhist tourist map.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

this is model of the stupa which must have been present in amaravathi .

Photobucket


Kondapalli fort


In my many previous treks, though I have not been the fittest of all, I have seen many people struggling hard to climb, and needed help. But today was the day when it caught up with me and I was left gasping for breath and I had to see others waiting for me to catch up. :-( . Somehow with the help of Raghavendra who accompanied me in this trip, I was finally able to climb to the top.


Photobucket

The fort was a big one and it had the nicest of views.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Kondapalli Toys

After we climbed down the kondapalli fort, we spent a lot of time going through the shops in the kondapalli village and finally I didnt buy anything worthwhile.
The toys were many and were very good. I wish they were more popular and they sold more of them.

Photobucket

This was the biggest of them all and was eye catching.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Bhushavali said...

This place looks fabulous! Great pics too da!!!
Exploring Chengalpet
Fashion Panache - Patiala Salwar Bottoms

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thank you for providing detailed information about various places and I liked the write-up on Amaravathi, the new capital of Andhra Pradesh. Amaravathi is named after its historic site. As mentioned there are many places to visit in Amaravathi. The town is a center of pilgrimage to both Hindus and Buddhists and has historical, spiritual and mythological significance.

Airport Taxi Transfers said...

If you are travelling anywhere in London, I would highly recommend booking a taxi from Croydon Cars Minicab Taxi Service. Very professional and reliable taxi service. http://www.croydoncar.co.uk

Blog Archive